Friday, October 12, 2012

Shingles

This is my 2nd week having shingles. I still remember the 1st few days I realized on its existence, I was so worried as I don't know what it is and how serious these might be. Then on the 3rd day I went for a check up and the doctor told me it's shingles and it can recover by its own, medication will only help up A LITTLE BIT (doctor keep highlighting it). Thus, I left without taking any medication.

But, the so-called shingles seems to spread around my back, made me more worried. Thus, I went to one of my doctor friend in church asking for 2nd opinion. Fortunately she told me the same thing, with additional information of it will spread through nerve, so it's still normal, not to be too worried about it.

So, what is SHINGLES? In my own word, it's relapse of chickenpox, but not as serious as it. After an individual has chickenpox, the virus stay dormant in the nervous system and it's never fully cleared from the body. Under certain circumstances, the virus will reactivate and cause shingles. But just when I google about it, the #1 circumstance made me literally laugh out loud, and it's not other than PEOPLE OVER THE AGE OF 60. Okok, so what's the cause of it? Well, I don't think I am under emotional stress. So most probably it's because immune deficiency.

I had learnt my lesson to be grateful and give thanks always. Indeed, I didn't ask WHY I got this, it's just natural thing that may happen to anyone who got chicken pox before. Instead, I thank God for not much suffering when having it, I only feel itchy and a little of pain sometimes. What I heard is that people may feel VERY PAINFUL when having it, even it's only slight wind-blow.

So, it's drying now and in the process of recovering. But, it's in this stage that the virus may spread. Therefore, 
BE WARNED to stay away from me if you haven't got chicken pox before. 




No comments:

Post a Comment