Friday, September 14, 2012

EMERGE!!

Well, I would say this post is kinda overdue, but not too late though. I don't have time to write at the beginning of the event, but I determine to write a summary of it.

What is Emerge? EMERGE KL is an annual youth conference brought to you by my beloved church, City Harvest Church KL. It consists of exciting talent and sports competitions, with the purpose to unlock the talents and abilities hidden inside the youth and participants within two months period. This then builds up to 3 energy-pumped night sessions by the very end of the conference, with explosive music, competition finals and celebrity guest appearances. As for this year, the free-of-charge conference days will be @31st August, 1st & 2nd September 2012!


This year, our competition within the 4 cluster (Local U, SMU, MINT & VU) are very strong, each and every of the cluster have very strong, committed and united member that fight for the victorious of their respective cluster. By the way, all our cluster leaders this year are GIRLS.

The GIRL Power!!

And, among one of the interesting highlight will be, the competition between the sisters. The real siblings!

Introduce to you, the Tan sisters. Sry to say that, they are both taken.

In the past, Local U cluster had been deemed as underdog, people don't expect us to really emerge and win the competitions. But, this year, our LU have make a difference. We have EMERGE, we really shine and level up. We have a good start in the beginning by winning the mascot competition. And we have fight through the whole two months in different competition. Although in the end we didn't manage to bring home the trophy, we play fair and we win the 3rd place with dignity.

The highlight still is our Parade of School competition and I am part of the team. I have to say that I am very proud of my team. I still can remember all the response from the crowd and Ps Kong for our performance, the cheers, wow's, even standing ovation. It's indeed my privilege to be part of it even my performance is not really good. The credits are all to our awesome and dedicated choreographers Mark Poh, Pooi Yan, Kevin Khoo and EnAi. All the amazing, surprising and crazy elements in our POS have really blown the crowds away. We even brought the fever of Gangnam Style to Emerge. Although we didn't manage to emerge as the champion, but we have the recognition of the crowd. The response and feedback is indeed overwhelming.




I were indeed down with fever few days before the conference itself. When I managed to get well before it, I were caught with a cold again. I lost my voice due to sorethroat. When I were feeling lucky my performance no need my voice, I were just reminded my serving and my job need it. So.. Haha..

I am thankful for my boyfriend always being there for me, constantly encourage me, support me and comfort me.




I will share more about POS in upcoming post. :)

Emerge Registration Booth!

Emerge as mascot competition champion! We are happy like we win the overall champion. 

Forgot to tell you, our mascot, the huge green Hulk can break dance.

Sports day. Free drink for our athletes.

Fund raising booth. Selling drinks and foods almost every week.

Special effect for our LU POS, the neon LED!

Room cleaning committee member with the supervision from the Minions.

A little of our LU committee member, the secret agent.

And finally, the summary link.



Pls log on to https://www.facebook.com/emergeKL for more picture and updates
and http://www.youtube.com/user/emergekl?feature=watch for more video. 










No comments:

Post a Comment